Through the prayers of St. Mary, St. Mark, and St. Demiana, the blessings of H.H. Pope Tawadros II, and under the auspices of H.G. Bishop Mina, God has blessed our congregation with land to build a new Church under the name of St. Mark and St. Demiana. We are very happy and thankful to be sharing this news with you. We are greatly blessed to name the new landmark church and centre after two patron saints and pillars of faith of the Coptic Church; St. Mark and St. Demiana. Our congregation has been growing substantially and a suitable church building has become necessary to be able to offer its many services. At the most perfect time, God directed us to a piece of land at the West end of Mississauga on the Southeast corner of the Ninth Line and Burnhamthorpe Road. The property is at an excellent location, easily accessed by highways 403, 401, and 407, and is highly visible at the entrance to Mississauga.
This landmark location will both be a new home for our congregation and will serve this underserved area of Mississauga and neighbouring areas.
We have sought the input of the congregation and are currently working on a Church design that can accommodate our present and future congregation, including;
- Chapel for mid-week Liturgies
- Sunday school classes sufficient for present and future growth
- Seniors lounge for meetings, gatherings and activities
- Youth lounge(s) for various age groups
- Bookstore, library and study room
- Meeting rooms and offices
- multi-purpose and auditorium
- Gym and Sport/fitness courts for various age groups.